Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well as some of you know we were out of town last week visiting Brian's family and at a conference for our job, Campus Crusade. Six days in a hotel definitely did us in and we are all very happen to be home. Good to see family and friends but good to be home. It's funny how even little people get drained and out of sorts when away from home for a long period of time. And then just like us love being back in familiar surroundings. My most favorite part of the trip was the quality time I was able to spend with one of my closest friends, Kyra. We used to work together here at Chico State. She is an amazing mom of triplets who are almost 1 1/2. Like ours, her life is chaotic so it's always nice to share in the craziness of life together. Our time together (lots of time in the hotel hallway while 6 kids were sleeping/crying) made me miss her a lot and realize even more how special she is to me. Thanks Kyra!

Brian is home with us all week (lucky him!). No bible studies, library time or anything so it has been nice for us all to be home. As you know from the video posted yesterday we've had some fun outside, more pics to come. And side note, I'm officially addicted to our leaf blower! I could do it for hours, just blowing everything away. It's a great feeling. Mmmm, what do you think this says about me??? We've been preparing for our first family Thanksgiving meal. We had the traditional meal in Long Beach with Bri's parents so we decided to put a little twist on the menu.
  • Rib roast- Brian is in charge of this and I'm not sure of the details but I do know it's is going to be stuffed with goat cheese and chorizo. With that said, how could it be bad?
  • Sweet potatoe casserole
  • Stuffing with sausage
  • Asparagus- one of the few veggies my husband will eat
  • lots and lots of crescent rolls
  • Pumpkin cheesecake
Yummmmm I can't wait.
But first before we get down to business with the T-Day Feast we have some other important things to do. We are running in the local Run for Food race. It's a 3 mile fun run, with over 2000 people signed up! Yep all 5 of us. And then when we get home I'm continuing the tradition that I did growing up, which my mom didas as little girl too. We will watch the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, eat cinnamon rolls and little oranges and sip egg nog!

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day, there's so much to be thankful for!

No comments: