Monday, October 13, 2008

what's going on...

There's been a lot of sickness going on around here in the past 2-3 weeks and I'm definitely over it! This past weekend it was my turn.... cold and an eye infection that looks super gross. I affectionately call it my "pirate eye sty". Because that's what it is. A sty that is really infected and I think just look weird with a half shut eye, like a pirate. It made me look real nice for the party we had for 50+ people that I've never met on Saturday at our house! What are you going to do? The dessert party was for the freshman's parents who were in town. We wanted to expose them to CRU and show them we are normal people just in case they were wondering who their kids have been hanging out with. We went all out with lots of desserts, cute decorations, rented tables and linens, white lights (it was in our backyard) and heaters (a good last minute decision for the major drop in temp). Anyways, the party went great and we our so thankful for the encouraging responses we had from many parents. Also, we are thankful it is over! Now I can focus on my parents coming this week, and the girls birthday party on Saturday! Get ready for birthday morning pictures tomorrow.

No comments: