Sunday, March 2, 2008

I did it!


Yesterday I accomplished a goal that I set for myself while I was pregnant with the girls. Last year I ran the local half marathon and I didn't know it at the time but I was pregnant with the twins. When I was on bed rest this summer and going crazy not being able to do much of anything let alone run I decided I would make it my goal to run the same half marathon. The girls would only be 4 1/2 months old so I didn't know if it would really happen. Well I did it! It was a great morning to run and I was excited to go. I finished in 2:06. I was tired but had enough in me to sprint at the end. I am really happy about what I have done. Here's me finishing!

3 comments:

Julie said...

so proud of you aubs! I was praying for you all morning. You go mommy!

Catherine said...

Hi Barela Family!
Aubrey- You are AMAZING! I didn't even give birth and I couldn't run a half marathon! So happy that you guys have started this blog. Now we can keep up with your growing family! We'd love to see you guys this year if possible! You are always in our prayers!
Love,
Catherine, Morgan, Faith & Grace
www.catherineandmorgan.blogspot.com

Sam said...

MAZAL TOV!!! You're amazing!