Saturday, October 13, 2007

Football and Chili

Right now as I type this Brian is at the grocery store getting the list of items I made for what we think is the best chili ever! It's our own made up recipe, which pretty much changes some each time but good EVERYTIME! It's a family tradition we've started for our Fall Saturday afternoons. We make corn bread to go along with it and also have all the fixings like sour cream, cheese and fritos. We pretty much eat it thoughout the day while hanging out watching the games. Fall weather + football games + chili = a very happy Barela Family. Well Brian is home now from the store so let the magic begin!

2 comments:

Julie said...

that's EXACTLY what we do. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Aubs....I know you're busy right now and chili is probably not on the mind but.....you should try putting Trader Joe's Corn Salsa in your chili. I noticed you have TJ's in Chico. That's my favorite thing to put in my chicken chili. It is SOOOOO good and my chili is always a hit.